There’s so much unsaid in this clip which is an advert for a body shop.
With the election on 7 Sept 2013 of Tony Abbott and the Liberals, the rein of the most malevolent incompetents government in our history is over!
We have a government of adults who have an unenviable task of repairing 6 years of destruction of institutions of government, our economy and our society. Lets hope they are up to it and politics can return to working for the country and not union factions.
Thanks you for your support and good night for now…..
4 Nov 2012
This government is the worst of worst governments in the history of Australia.
It is a government of ignorant union thugs, the front bench comprising 70% ex-unionists and union officials, treating Australia like a union, to be used and abused, lied to and remain unaccountable to, for their own power trips and advancement, complete with sleaze, vicious in-fighting, political assassinations and corruption.
It is a government of corrupted individuals, including Julia Gillard, a pathological liar and disgraced lawyer, evidently let go by her law firm for misconduct, who would have been most likely disbarred had she not hidden her actions, Craig Thompson who has been protected for 4 years by this government from being properly investigated for pretty obvious fraudulent use of union funds for prostitutes and other uses activities, Mike Williamson, ex Labor Party president now charged with over 40 charges of fraud, and recently Peter Slipper ejected by Liberals for impropriety and sleaze but by Labor’s low standards, a man of integrity and suitable to the highest office of speaker.
It is a corrupting government, disrespecting and destroying the integrity and impartiality of our democratic institutions, including the tendering processes exemplified by Australian broadcasting tender, the treasury which has become for hire for government propaganda, the judiciary which it attacked and tried to influence over the Malaysia deal,dismantling of the Construction Industry watchdog.
It is a government undermining our democracy, with its attacks on the freedom and independence of press which Julia Gillard has made fire two journalists for investigating her earlier career impropriety and which it has tried intimidate and hobble with the Finkelstein Media inquiry, its attacks on our respect for and freedom of speech and of protest against government misdeeds, which it has attacked and ridiculed repeatedly as with terms like trucker’s convoy of incontinence, shock jocks, right wing extremists and the like. It has conscripted and favoured social media front organisations like GetUp, funded by unions and destroythejoint to misrepresent themselves as grassroot campaigns and intimidate opposing voices.
It has damaged our democracy by the lowest debasement of our political debate into a never ending brutal gutter personal vilification campaigns of opposition leader, Mr Abbott and Newman. It has depraved the “whatever it takes” Labor mantra to such vile, that its originator, Labor icon Graham Richardson has disowned this government’s tactics.
But perhaps the biggest damage has been its normalisation of election lies and broken election promises during elections. It has broken so much faith with the electorate, so often, that we have resigned ourself to it, powerless to change it. “There shall be no carbon tax” is but one, others like we will stop the boats, reduce business taxation, produce a surplus in 2013, we are Howard lite. Elections will be meaningless if governments do not feel bound by the promises they make. That nearly half the population still votes for Labor/Greens after so many lies indicates they will tolerate lying government, as long as they are lying in this group’s favour.
It is a monumentally incompetent government, with virtually every program and initiative it has attempted failing, typically spectacularly and often lethally and too numerous to list here but progressively documented here.
It is a dishonest government, partly because its members exhibit no integrity and no shame, partly because it is so incompetent that it has no other means to cling onto power that to defend itself from valid criticism by deflection, distraction, baseless counter-attack, outrageous spin and outright lying. This government has no standard of parliamentary conduct, no threshold of disrepute or incompetence that might shame a member into resigning a portfolio or his seat – only the absolutely lowest legal safeguard against criminals governing us will be obeyed out of necessity – proven criminal activity with jail sentence more than 1 year. No amount of shame, lethal incompetence, disrepute or hypocrisy will disqualify Labor members. Just like with unions.
It is a totalitarian minded government, through its viscous demonization of any critics and any dissenting voices, its arrogant attempts at dominant central authoritarian governance over states, its undermining of free speech and democracy and its cutting secret deals with large corporations like the miners. It
It is an economically illiterate and damaging government, criticised by economists and now virtually all business organisation, having no idea how national wealth is created and maintained, killing producers with ideological thought bubble governance like the $43Bil NBN, subsidies to favourite unionised industries, paying off unions with productivity killing union-friendly industrial relation. It is an irrational, sovereign risk causing government with ill considered snap live export bans, snap super taxes, and superannuation meddling, only sucking the economy dry to bribe the electorate and pay off supporters in the Greens and rent-seekers.
It is an evilly divisive government, pitting one Australian against another and destroying social harmony, all just to hang on to power. It has started a class war between the poor and the rich, a race war with a riot between aboriginies and Liberals and most recently a sex war of feigned misogeny, all merely to distract the electorate and villify its opponents.
It is a government at war with Australians. Never in our history has a government gone to war with the Australian people, but this Labor has viciously attacked almost every segment of the population, including big corporations, small business, conservatives, the army, the supreme court, newspapers, peaceful protesters, climate change sceptics, libertarians, shock jocks, their own partners Greens, and their own party members in a most vicious demolition of an ex-priminister, Kevin Rudd, describing him amongst other things as a psychopath, deranged, having no Labor values, intemperate and having lost his way.
It is a government in an indulgent war with itself. Despite the old adage that in politics, disunity is death, this government has been tearing itself apart throughout its term, with scheming and faceless men knifing a prime minister with resulting civil war between Rudd and Gillard. It has been tearing apart its coalition with the Greens and betrayed and conflicted with the independents, all held together not for the country but just to cling onto power.
It is a stupid, naive and childlike government, not having had to concede Carbon Tax to the greens in the first place and most of their disasters being of their own doing, out of sheer stupidity and lack of foresight.
Julia Gillard is quite the warrior…against her own country.
- She has started Class Warfare – against the rich
- She started Race Warfare – with a race riot against Abbott
- She started Gender Warfare – against all men and particularly Abbott.
Gillard will destroy all our social capital and harmony to stay in power. Economic damage we can repair quickly , social dysharmony seeded by her may take longer.
Mike Smith News.com list even more clearly my thesis that Gillard’s “I did nothing wrong” is a clear lie.
- Sleeping with your client. Lawyers are like doctors. Years of experience have produced lessons we can all learn from. One of them is “don’t sleep with your client”. It’s bad when
the client is a person paying the bills themselves. It’s worse when the client is the boss of an organisation paying the bills with other people’s money. To make it easier, lawyers don’t have to rely on their own judgement. The Law Society and the Law make it clear. It
- Passing off. I can’t set up an airline and call it Qantas. That name is taken. It would be wrong for a Telstra manager’s girlfriend to set up the Telstra Accounts Receivable Association and pass it off as a Telstra entity. But Julia GILLARD wrote on the 2 forms that
set up the AWU Workplace Reform Association. She wrote out the name Australian Worker’s Union. She is an officer of the court. It’s pretty basic.
- Giving advice to break the law or union rules. The AWU-WRA’s application was fraudulent. It told lies about itself. Ms GILLARD was setting up a slush fund but she told the WA Corporate Affairs Commissioner it was a workplace reform association. Ian Cambridge’s affidavit sets out the union rules that the Association broke. Lawyers
should not advise clients to break the law or the rules of their employer. Particularly clients with whom they are sleeping.
- The relationship with Wilson from 1991 to 1995 was close. People in close relationships observe each other closely. That’s the nature of close relationships. Bruce’s official income was a union official’s pay. He had a wife and 2 children to support in Perth. His lifestyle in Melbourne was curious. A satisfactory explanation to the questions about visible means of support is found in the bank statements of the AWU-WRA. Lots of cash came out. It’d be hard to miss. It is probably wrong not to ask question.
- The Power of Attorney? Ms GILLARD supervised the donation of Ralph Blewitt’s power of attorney to Bruce Wilson. By 1993 communications technology had developed to include the post and facsimile machines. It was a curious thing, the need for an able bodied young man, who frequently availed himself of air travel, to donate his complete power of attorney to his boss the boyfriend and client WILSON. It doesn’t seem right. And then Wilson used that Power of Attorney to sign Blewitt up for $150K in borrowings from his girlfriend’s law firm.
- The whole purchase of Kerr Street Fitzroy has wrongness written all over it. The path used by dubious characters to launder unlawfully obtained money into real property that can be spoken of in polite circles is a well-trodden one. Astute lawyers are a wake-up to it. Bruce and Ms GILLARD went to the auction. Bruce signed the papers. It turns out he was doing a love job for Blewitt, because Bruce bought the joint for Blewitt. And Julia’s firm was engaged on the spot to do the legal legwork. A prudent lawyer in the circumstances might have enquired about Blewitt’s capacity to repay the loan advanced to him, particularly given that Blewitt was committing to the loan and the purchase on Bruce’s say so, using the Power of Attorney. The firm might have sought a bank opinion. Or enquired about the source of the funds to complete the sale. The firm might have noted the $67,772.30 cheque drawn on the Association set up for free. And the clause in the Association’s rules that said said, “no part of the property of income of the Association may be distributed to members directly or indirectly.” Just wrong.
- Failing to advise the union of the AWU-WRA. Bruce was advised in writing on 4 August 1995 of the union’s intention to bring charges against him and to refer his conduct to police. Ms Gillard of Slater and Gordon continued to provide legal advice to him. The conflict of interest in her personal relationship was then intense. She was aware of the AWU-WRA but did nothing to advise the union of it. She admitted as much to her partners in the 11 September departure interview. That is shameful.
One Commenter asks the right questions:
Posted by: Ian Davidson | Wednesday, 05 September 2012 at 12:04 PM
We do indeed need an inquiry into the media – how they came to be such apologist for one side of politics, come what may. Why are 90% of journalists lefties? I think because they are mid-level undergraduate intellectuals.
I guess there are three levels of intellectualism:
1. Instinctual – act on simple selfish and fundamental fairness principles – help deserving, don’t help bludgers, they themselves are deserving. Want Abbot to stop boats, Gillard for more benefits. These swinging voters.
2. Late intellectuals – see wrongness / unfairness & simply want to fix it. Sugar is bad – so ban big soft drink bottles, refugees-looking people want to come here – let them. Trees are good – ban logging / backburning. Capitalism has corruption – fight capitalism. Moral capital and status substitutes for material wealth. There are leftists – stuck in undergraduate politics and not mature / responsible enough to consider how their efforts will end.
3. Deeper intellectuals – See wrong / unfairness, want to fix it, but consider practicality, efficacy and unintended consequences. Tough love of NT intervention and work for dole, if media regulation, who regulates the regulator, stop boat queue jumpers, if not capitalism/America – what will replace it? These are mature graduated adults and conservatives.
The solution to leftist bias is to educate journalist and the population – to consider more the results and not just intention.
JULIA Gillard wrote in a formal application to establish an entity for her then client and boyfriend, union boss Bruce Wilson, that it was being formed for the purpose of achieving safe workplaces.
But during an internal investigation three years later by the partners of her law firm, following serious allegations that the entity had been used by Mr Wilson to misappropriate hundreds of thousands of dollars, Ms Gillard admitted it was a “slush fund” to raise cash for the re-election of union officials.
The discrepancy in the genuine purpose of the entity, the Australian Workers Union Workplace Reform Association, at the time that it was established was not known to the West Australian government agency that had registered it in 1992.
Ms Gillard was questioned about it in a recorded and transcribed interview by the firm of Slater & Gordon, where she was a salaried partner, on September 11, 1995. She left her job soon after amid the partnership’s “very serious view” of her conduct.
In the interview, a transcript of which has been obtained by The Australian, Ms Gillard said the incorporated association was set up as a slush fund to hold re-election monies, instead of the alternative of having bank accounts in the names of individuals.
“It’s common practice, indeed every union has what it refers to as a re-election fund, slush fund, whatever, into which the leadership team puts money so that they can finance their next election campaign,” Ms Gillard said in the interview.
The listed objects of the association, which are set out in the formal rules that were written by Ms Gillard, do not state that the purpose is to fund elections for union officials. The rules instead emphasise purposes including the promotion of safer workplaces and skills training.
In the formal application for the association, Ms Gillard wrote that it was formed for the purpose of “development of changes to work to achieve safe workplaces”.
It can also be revealed that the West Australian government agency responsible for registering such entities questioned whether the union-linked association should be set up under different, more burdensome, legislation that applied to unions.
However, Ms Gillard provided assurances that it was legitimate. The Australian asked the Prime Minister yesterday if she was involved in the creation of a false document: namely, the application for the incorporation of the association.
A spokesman replied: “As the Prime Minister has repeatedly made clear, she was not involved in any wrongdoing.
“Any questions about this document should be addressed to the person who lodged and signed it, namely Ralph Blewitt.”
Mr Blewitt, a former union bagman and sidekick for Mr Wilson, was also Ms Gillard’s client from the AWU at the time.
He told The Australian this month that he had been involved in “sham transactions” and that he would talk to authorities in return for not being criminally prosecuted.
Read more here:
Ms Gillard keeps stating she did nothing wrong in relation to Mr Wilson.
This is a lie.
Failing to open a file for a whole year due to a lapse of memory is unbelievable and she appears to have created an entity for a purpose other that the stated purpose. She also did wrong by remaining blind to events she should have known were improper relating to the purchase of the house.
She may or may not have acted illegally, but she did plenty ‘wrong’.
Since then, she also mislead or lied about her departure from Slater & Gordon in her memoir, to her colleagues and the Australian voters, she took no responsibility for her misjudgement by failing to assist the police, and she has been complicit in covering up these circumstances for 17 years.
She has failed to take the opportunity as PM to assists those in the union and her colleagues like Robert McClelland who want to pursue the alleged criminals and recover the funds for the union. Worst of all she has instead misused her office as a Prime Minister, to have sacked two journalists over reporting this matter.
How’s this for “I’ve done nothing wrong”?
What is telling is that instead of feeling guilt over hiding Wilson from the partners and exposing them to great liability, Ms Gillard actually blamed Slater & Gordon partners for treated her shabily.
Judging on this Ms Gillard is in fact a compulsive liar a narcissist and possibly a borderline psychopathic personality. Giarand someone who never ever takes responsibility. Instead, she has advanced in her career by fooling one person after another and then whole Australia.
Slater & Gordon lost trust and confidence in Ms Gillard. The Australian people have done so again 17 years later.
appears to have a borderline personality disorder,